How to care for your tree with yellowing leaves
- Most trees show an iron deficiency when the leaves begin to yellow but the veins remain green (often seen in our Northern Utah in maple trees but all trees will do this over time).
- Purchase iron pellets from Arbor Day Nursery or any store carrying iron and apply to the soil.
- Be sure the tree is receiving regular water.
- Avoid using iron during the hottest days of the summer as it will burn the tree's roots.
- In time, the leaves will not continue to yellow and healthy ones will grow back to green.
- Timely consistent applications of gypsum, iron, minerals and organic material in the fall and spring will deter iron deficiency from occurring at all.